About Sassy Scrubs Sassy Scrubs Fabrics Questions Medical Scrubs Size Charts Contact Sassy Scrubs

Monday, November 29, 2010

"Why Should You Iron Your Scrubs?" Blog

Why Iron? Scrubs care is simple...

My mother used to iron everything. Jeans, pillowcases, underwear, you name it - she ironed it. Which means, as a teenager, I ironed it all too. Saturday morning meant standing at the ironing board, with the radio on, ironing my father's shirts and my brother's jeans.

Now I wear Scrubs and said to heck with that!

I love cotton. And I love cotton scrubs. Luckily, today's cotton fabrics need much less care than those in my mother's household. Today, cotton does not mean just cotton. It means perma-pressed cotton, or wrinkle resistant cotton or wrinkle free poly-cotton blends. It means scrubs with no wrinkles. It means release from Saturday mornings chained to the ironing board! Hallelujah!

Most cotton fabrics, and for us, that means cotton scrubs fabrics, are made with a special resin finish to help the scrubs fabric resist wrinkles. This is a huge time-saver for nurses, doctors, dentists and veterinarians who wear scrubs to work every day. Most medical scrubs are now wash and wear. Take those medical scrubs right from the dryer and fold them up, or hang them on a hanger, and you're good to go! Easy, comfortable and good looking medical scrubs are the standard today, and what you'll find at Sassy Scrubs.

We know some nurses still iron all their medical scrubs. We know some nurses never iron their medical scrubs! It's all a matter of taste, and sometimes, only a matter of getting to the dryer in time to make sure your scrubs remain wrinkle-free, as nature (and the new resin finish cotton scrubs fabrics) intended.

Sometimes, I'm nostalgic for the good old days when my mother had fresh, hot chocolate chip cookies waiting for me when I got home from school. But I sure don't miss those Saturday mornings at the ironing board. Yep, I own an ironing board and an iron, but they don't get much use these days, due to my wrinkle resistant cotton scrubs. Thanks to improvements in the construction of cotton fabrics, my mother's iron doesn't get used much anymore either. But she puts those hours previously wasted in ironing cotton fabrics to good use. She still bakes great cookies.

-Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home