About Sassy Scrubs Sassy Scrubs Fabrics Questions Medical Scrubs Size Charts Contact Sassy Scrubs

Friday, June 5, 2009

A Heartwarming Story earns Sassy Scrubs Customer $20 CASH!

Yet another Sassy Scrubs customer has earned $20 CASH for submitting a story!

Thank you for sharing this heartwarming story with us Crystal.

I am a Paramedic and a few years ago while setting in front of the EMS station I was working at a Jack Russell dog ran into the roadway and was hit by a car right in front of myself and some EMT's on shift.

We immediately ran to the dog which was lying motionless on the road with blood coming from it's mouth and nose. We thought there was no way this little dog would survive, but knew we had to try. The dog was alive and someone suggested calling the Humane society or Police but we realized that they would probably just put the animal down on the spot. So we decided to try to get it emergency vet care.

About that time a sweet little lady who worked on a farm and also rescued animals pulled up to the scene. She called her Vet while myself and the rest of my EMS partners immobilized the dog onto a turkey tray the rescue lady had in her car (just the right size for the dog). After we completely immobilized the dog and applied bandages to stop the bleeding we covered it with a thick blanket to keep it warm. The lady reached her Vet, it was in the middle of the night, but the Vet agreed to care for the animal. The Lady rushed off and we never thought we would here from her or the little hurt dog again.

A few weeks later I just couldn't stand it and call all the vet clinics in the town where the Lady said she was going with the dog ( I didn't know the Vets name) and finally found the right one. The Vet told me the little Dog had survived thanks to the quick emergency care she received at the accident site by the EMS crew, and due to the rapid transport by the kind lady that stopped to help us. Also she said the dog had made a full recovery and due to the dog not having a collar and having no Idea if it was a homeless stray they had found it a forever home with a Lawyer friend.

I usually work people in emergencies, but am glad I had the chance to be a part of an animal rescue that turned out with such a happy ending. I am a animal lover and always have been. This night I felt I was finally able to do something for animals since they had always made my life so much more enjoyable.

Crystal


To earn $20 CASH for submitting your story, visit us today by clicking here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home